keston 170

Thank you for all your replies.My Keston has had everything replaced .new mother board, new heat exchanger, new activation lead,new pump,new overheat stat and the list goes on and on.
The machine drives me to the bottle (well it would if I drank!!)and therefore that is why I am going to try and sort out a new boiler after xmas.
Having read everybody's kind advice I am going to really think it through properly.
I long for my old potterton boiler!!never had a moments trouble

Sponsored Links
jackiemil1";p="1080038 said:
Thank you for all your replies.My Keston has had everything replaced .new mother board, new heat exchanger, new activation lead,new pump,new overheat stat and the list goes on and on.
sounds like you have had the misfortune of a parts changer rather than an engineer.

wms";p="1083495 said:
sounds like you have had the misfortune of a parts changer rather than an engineer.

well ive been on one today.

eng out last week... spark trode bust.

eng calls back finds low water pressure switch leaking.

calls back fires up boiler, finds flue outlet cracked and passing poc at flue outlet elbow.

we come back today to fit a new heat ex, pooprly packed with lower water pipe bent, bend that back to shape and find the new flue outlet is ****ed. now a further journey tommorrow for mupv pipe connectors.

what sort of manufacturer makes their flue non removeable/repairable without replacing a ££££££ heatexchanger.

bag o ****e :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

plus the thermal fuse that shoud etect this faild to shut down the boiler. my last customer with this fault fortunately had a co detector. it picked up the fault 2 rooms away andnstill the fuse didnt blow. now all k=my keston owners must have a cod if they want my name on the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back