Keston Celcius 25

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a random fault on the above boiler. Went there on saturday and there was no spark at electrode, spark visable on board when it attempts to light. I tried ignition board, and electrode/lead today but it has made no difference.

Theres gas to burner, inlet pressure is correct and all earths are ok. Im stumped.

Does anyone have experiance of this fault or any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Have you taken the electrode out of the combustion chamber, earthed it and observed it failing to spark? Can you get a spark off the lead end held a few mm from earth? Have you checked the ignition lead contact to the PCB?

Have you taken the electrode out of the combustion chamber, earthed it and observed it failing to spark? Can you get a spark off the lead end held a few mm from earth? Have you checked the ignition lead contact to the PCB?

Electrode has been out twice and wont spark, spark gap is 4mm as per MI's. No spark down lead either.
Lead contact to pcb is fine as best i can tell.

Keston told me today to clean the burner in soapy water. The guy on their tech help wouldnt have it that it didnt spark at the electrode.

The state of the burner is irrelevant. The spark is generated at the PCB, carried along the lead and delivered by the probe. The circuit is completed by the earth connections. If you're not even getting a spark off the end of the lead then you have either a faulty PCB or lead or connection between them or earth connection to PCB.

Sponsored Links
The state of the burner is irrelevant. The spark is generated at the PCB, carried along the lead and delivered by the probe. The circuit is completed by the earth connections. If you're not even getting a spark off the end of the lead then you have either a faulty PCB or lead or connection between them or earth connection to PCB.

Ive ordered up another pcb as i have my doubts over the one i fitted today. I have continuity along the lead and i have good earths (no resisitance) on the appliance (checked all earths i could see and remade the earth wire to the spark electrode.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back