Keyless entry.

Sponsored Links
Haha you're not doing any favours for the keyless entry brigade, you're just making it sound even less desirable.

Bearing in mind that it has to be within three feet of the driver, and open, where would you move it to?
As it's a favourite trick of Car Thieves to break windows and use the ODB port to bypass the Key Fob I moved the ODB port to another place in car saloon. The service dealers know where I've moved it to.

Last edited:
My sons Fiesta ST200 has a false ODB port and a thatcham approved immobiliser - the latter was mandated by his insurance company 2 years ago

Sponsored Links
Following 'trends' has made so many slaves to technology, then when it fails .. :oops:

I'll stick to the tried & trusted devices for my security.

Our new car has keyless entry and ignition.

If you want to check it's locked, the app will tell us and if we want to lock or unlock it remotely, we can. We can also sound the horn or flash the lights if we lose track of where we parked it. Handy in identikit MSCPs. There is also a find my car function, which will tell you the street it's parked on.

I literally need none of that.
Nobody needs anything until they've had it and then they find they can’t do without it! I didn’t need air conditioning, power steering, electric windows, auto lights, auto wipers, central locking blah blah blah but I wouldn’t even consider getting a car without those things as a bare minimum

True, however on the keyless entry malarky I think Id actually look to avoid in the next car purchase.

Sponsored Links
Back