kguard DVR KG-SHA/104

Hi Guys

I had the same problem changing my resolution to 1920x1200 not realizing that the Monitor cannot handle the resolution. I tried the step by step method as explained by Waldoorf above, however there is a mistake in the steps for the SHA108 DVR. Eventually I only had one choice and that was to connect the Video out BNC connector to a Video Converter and display on a Large Screen.

Here is the correct procedure that would have worked:

SHA-108
1. Power off device.
2. Power on device, wait for 30 seconds after seeing the System Initializing screen message.
3. MENU --> Right, Right, Down, SEL (now in the System Setup menu)
4. Right, Right, SEL (now in Video Setup)

5. <DOWN>, SEL (to access the VGA resolution drop down) ------------ this is the first mistake Down was missing otherwise you only change between PAL and NSTC - which will do nothing ---------------

6. Down, SEL (to select the next resolution in the list. List is circular, so if already
at the highest resolution, the lowest will be selected, if at the lowest
resolution already, the next higher value is selected).

7. Down, SEL (to apply settings) -------------- second mistake, only one Down not twice -------------------

8. Wait 3~5 seconds, SEL (to OK the attention popup).
9. Menu, Menu, Menu (to return to the main screen)

Hope this helps anyone who still has these issues and saves some frustration!!!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back