Kinetic switches?

The only part I knock is the speed of so many to jump straight into using wireless control when it is not the most sensible option (such as the housing development I mentioned).
I agree.
For any fixed position microphone I'll always try to use a wired mic ...
... which I would say is sensible, but ....
... but some people seem to think radio mics work better.
... which is obviously nonsense. The very best one could hope for would be that a wireless connection would be "as good as" a wired one! A wireless one might be 'more convenient', but there's no way in which it could "work better"!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Try saying that in a new housing development where every single switch is kinetic.

Basically the builders had to rewire 600 new houses.
So a developer set the spec to use wi-fi switches in 600 new houses. They were installed and failed to the point the 600 houses were rewired. And yet, no reference to this made in the internet.

So a developer set the spec to use wi-fi switches in 600 new houses. They were installed and failed to the point the 600 houses were rewired. And yet, no reference to this made in the internet.
Good to see you. I hope that all is well with you and yours.

It does seem surprising, but I'm not sure that I necessarily share your apparent faith in what what sees (or doesn't see) "in the Internet" :)

Kind Regards, John

Apparently it could be the case.
I know about it from 2 buyers. One of Mrs Sunrays and one of miss Sunrays friends, initially complaining about the problems then about the mess as walls and ceilings were opened and made good.

Sponsored Links
A group of 5 new builds had wireless burglar alarms installed by the developer. Somehow several of the sensors were paired with their parent panel and also with panels in other houses.

Oh and don't forget those wireless doorbells which get used to avoid running a cable, I recall them being a problem on another development.

I suspect that saying that these '600 houses' used Quinetic switches without evidence is somewhat irresponsible at the least. It is my understanding that the Quinetic product uses 32 bit identifiers so that false operation is statistically extremely unlikely. I can imagine a cheaper alternative being used for cost reasons and that this may not be so responsibly designed.

I suspect that saying that these '600 houses' used Quinetic switches without evidence is somewhat irresponsible at the least.
It could well be. As I said, the claim seems (to say the least) to be very surprising.
It is my understanding that the Quinetic product uses 32 bit identifiers so that false operation is statistically extremely unlikely.
That certainly should make 'cross-interference' "statistically extremely unlikley", but it obviously does not preclude the possibility og malfunction in other ways.
I can imagine a cheaper alternative being used for cost reasons and that this may not be so responsibly designed.
Indeed. There doesn't seem to be certainty about the brand used, nor how (nor 'how well') they were installed.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back