Kitchen Cabinet shelf clips

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
I have some Magnet tall cabs, which are provided with a plastic clip whose peg fits into holes in the cab sides, and the shelf slides between the upper and the lower part of this support.

The cabs are currently free-standing, and a couple of times the shelves have fallen down when objects such as books press against the sides and push them apart. This would be catastrophic if I had china or glass in them, and would still happen on the end unit in a row. I am looking for a shelf support that will unobtrusively fit into the hole in the cab wall, but will also fix with a screw or preferably a peg into the bottom of the shelf. I would prefer pegs as it means the shelves can be lifted out and moved when necessary, but will still provide lateral restraint to the sides.

Does such a thing exist?

Sponsored Links
You could fit a batten under the shelf, then screw the shelf to the batten

i have some chrome metal pegs that are a bit more supportive you can have for nowt
but non are designed to give support and hold the sides my suggestion is choose a middle shelve and screw in from the sides to hold the sides in

Sponsored Links
You need at least one fixed shelf around centre position to stabilise the unit.

I like the look of those Hafele supports. I would have to glue them into the cab sides to prevent them pulling out, but that should be OK, and the shelves could still lift off. I hope there is is not a minium order value or a big postage cost

Big-all, thank you for your kind offer. Do yours have a fixing into the shelf, though?

foxhole, yes, I think it's necessary because the cabs are nearly 2m high, so the sides are not as stiff as in ordinary size cabs. I am a bit anxious about screws as I don't want anything showing on the outside surface. The ready-drilled holes look about 5mm dia.

If the weight is enough to spread the sides then no pegs even glued will be strong enough to hold the sides together.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back