Kitchen door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My 1930's house is attached to my garage by a two metre corridor at the rear of the house. I intend to replace the kitchen door that leads down a step into the corridor. On the right of the corridor is a wooden door to the garden and on the left is a wooden door to a narrow yard between the house and the garage. Another door at the far end of the corridor leads into a small room at the rear of the garage then a door from that leads into the garage without a step down.

The wooden kitchen door needs replacing so I was thinking of replacing it with an external UPVC back door to reduce heat loss and for greater security. I am now wondering if the kitchen door is classed as a door leading into the garage and needs to be a fire door or is it the door leading into the garage from the room at the rear of the garage. At the moment none of the doors are fire doors.

I would appreciate any advice and whether or not I need planning permission.

Sponsored Links
the door leading from your garage to your dwelling would be the fire door.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back