Kitchen Fitters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just thought I would share this.
Customer rang me up other day, said kitchen fitters put her plugs in and they now dont work, cooker is plugged into one.
She was insured with british gas who sent a spark out to check it.
Anyway i gets a call to have a look, BG wants a certificate to carry on with insurance purposes.
The kitchen fitter spured off the ring with 1.5 T&E, he then spured off that spur (both 2gang) with more 1.5, and believe it or not he plugged the cooker into it.....suffice to say customer could smell burning

Sponsored Links
My brother's flat currently has a spur to supply the boiler and a socket for the washing machine wired in 1.0 T&E. Also done by "reputable" kitchen fitters, so I believe :eek:

and some maintain that there is no neeed for part p or something?

Sponsored Links
Nickthedentist said:
My brother's flat currently has a spur to supply the boiler and a socket for the washing machine wired in 1.0 T&E. Also done by "reputable" kitchen fitters, so I believe :eek:
is it still there? surely you isolated it straight away?

is it still there? surely you isolated it straight away?
He only bought it 2 weeks ago so it's still there but supplying the combi boiler ONLY.

It should be gone in the next 2 weeks though, thank goodness:cool:

Nick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back