kitchen floor paint...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
l would like to paint over my kitchen ceramic floor tiles and have found this paint..International Quick Drying Floor Paint Jet Black . Has anyone used this before, is it good stuff and will it cope with family traffic using the kitchen without peeling or scratching .. Or is there some other floor paint you could recommend...
Also looking at the black tile paints for the kitchen, same question again.. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Painting tiles is probably the worst thing you can possibly paint. It will look awful I guarantee it! If you slide anything over it i.e. chairs, you will mark the paint or even worse remove some of it. If it's for a quick fix to maybe sell your property then go for it but if you intend on it lasting, trust me, it won't. Don't do it!!

Painting tiles is probably the worst thing you can possibly paint.
Have to admit, im the same. On a wall it looks really cheap and naff, on a floor it will be much worse.

Even if you put them down ontop of the old, i would get some darkgrey/black tiles from a clearance tile place a million times before i considered painting my floor.

Daniel

Painting tiles is probably the worst thing you can possibly paint.
Have to admit, im the same. On a wall it looks really cheap and naff, on a floor it will be much worse.

Even if you put them down ontop of the old, i would get some darkgrey/black tiles from a clearance tile place a million times before i considered painting my floor.

Daniel
So is it ok to tile over floor tiles with new ceramic tiles, they won't crack when walking on them do to ceramic tiles underneath then...
Do you need to spread the adhesive over the over area or will it be ok to dob the corners and middle when laying the tiles..

Sponsored Links
Im not a tiler by trade, and personally I would take up the old before relaying new particularly if on a suspended floor, however, while a bit rough, if the origanal tiles are soundly bedded on a concrete slab, or its a wall, its not unheard of to tile over to save times and money and it would certainly look less awful that painted tiles even if done really badly, imo.

Daniel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back