Kitchen layout ideas needed....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon, I have a bit of a strange shaped kitchen and I am after some ideas on how to get the best layout into it.

The major things I need to fit in are the following two 600mm full height units:
* An integrated 50/50 fridge / freezer
* Double oven (eye level)

Then:
* 600mm dishwasher
* 700mm hob
* sink

The narrow section at 1790mm wide has a window to outside and the ceiling in this area is vaulted.

I can't really decide if I should just put the sink in front of the window and then put everything else along the 5700mm wall or if I should put the tall units along the 2700mm wall. The first feels like a lot of wasted space along the 2700mm wall but the second ends up with something like the fridge freezer behind the door when its open.

If anyone has any constructive thoughts on the best layout I'm all ears!

kitbare.png
kitopts.jpg

Sponsored Links
What about swapping the kitchen sink for a left hand drainer and have the dishwasher under that instead of the drawers?

The only issue with the dishwasher in that position is that it measn the cupboard under the sink would have to be 500mm wide which I believe limits me to a 1 bowl rather than 1.5 bowl sink?

Why would the unit have to be 500mm wide? You have on the drawing an 1100mm wide plus 500mm drawer unit?

Sponsored Links
I have a left hand draining sink ie opposite to the OP's proposal, it's utterly annoying. Don't consider losing the extra sink either, essential IMO.

Why would the unit have to be 500mm wide? You have on the drawing an 1100mm wide plus 500mm drawer unit?

The wall is around 1800 long so 600 for a dishwasher, 650 for the corner unit only leaves 550ish for the unit under the sink?

1100mm base unit, 600mm dishwasher =1700mm. 100mm to bring unit off wall slightly and play either side of dishwasher?

take your dimensions to b&q.
they can give you endless variables.

You're putting all the most used things (sink cooker) in the narrowest part. If it was me, I'd try and find a way of putting sink, fridge, cooker, and decent amount of worktop (i.e. the kitchen "activity" centre) in the wider part, and all the storage that you need but don't need to access continually, in the narrower part. It depends how you use it, but in our house there are often two of us together preparing stuff, and that narrow space would get very congested.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back