Kitchen sink plumbing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm installing new kitchen units. Is it best to have plumbing connections (washing machine hoses, isolating valves etc) in the sink base unit where they are more accessible or somewhere else? Wen they are under the sink it can make removal of the sink base difficult.
Does anyone have an 'ideal layout for sink plumbing arrangements ? A drawing would be great.

Sponsored Links
>in the sink base unit where they are more accessible

most common

>Wen they are under the sink it can make removal of the sink base difficult

why do you want to remove once installed

Hi -spec ,do you not take the kitchen sink with you when you go on holiday.
Am sure my missus does.
:LOL:

Good practice is to have everything easily available, so under the sink is usual. Subsequent removal of base unit shouldn't be a problem if your services are fixed to the wall behind the unit, then turn at right-angles to emerge via holes (cut neatly with circular hole saw) through the unit back-board. On to these spigots are connected trap, braided pipes to taps, etc. When you want to remove base unit disconnect braids, trap and slide to whole lot out. We always install hot & cold stopcocks on the fixed pipework (lower down) also to emerge through holes in the backboard.

Sponsored Links
Thanks symptoms, very helpful. One of the problems is that the stopcock comes up through the floor which means I will need to do quite a lot of cutting of the backboard which inevitably weakens the structure also the waste comes in from the side whch means cutting the side panel as well. If Im not careful there wont be much left of the carcase!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back