kitchen spot downlighters

Best bet is to turn off all lighting circuits and then connect together the two conductors which go into the back of each dimmer wiht a bit of connector block (ie in comm and L1), then switch circuits back on. If the lights come on, then it's the dimmers that are faulty. Don't forget to switch back off to replace the dimmer switches

SB

Sponsored Links
I cant figure out the far right switch though, it has nothing in L1 or L2. :eek: It would never work in this configuration.

never did aparently..
might have been that they only had 4 gang in the style they wanted, or it did work at one point and has since gone bang and been taken out of service..

OP, are there 2 wires out of the number 1 switch?

How would I disconnect the dimmer and just put a simple on/off switch
in its place as we never dim them any way?

Sponsored Links
buy a 3 gang switch, take the wires out of the COM and put them in the new COM..
take the wires out of L1 and put them in.... go on guess......

Jobs a good un.........

Brill thank you everyone for your help on this matter
The dimmer had blown so i discarded this one and used the redundant dimmer that wasnt being used and choc blocked the wires from it..

Lights are dandy now....... :) :D :p

Cheers everyone

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back