kitchen worktops - where to buy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm looking for a place to view/buy worktops. I'm trying to find a modern but cost effective solution! I'm really not into that formica style worktops, they are basically the cheapest option, but the finishes are always faux marble or splatter dash etc. Looking for a single colour, designee, modern, plain, square edged worktop, it also needs to be 65cm. I've searched on the web but not found what I'm looking for. Kind of like the ikea ones, but ideally better quality. I'm in london so if anyone know of any cheeky trade places I can visit that would be great. Have also looked into concrete and reclaimed timer. Any suggestions please.

cheers

Ben

Sponsored Links
You really need to find a dealer who just does worktops there really is a massive range available, someone once told me over 1500 patterns.
There are many plain colours.

The main importer is Andersons in Colchester, 01206 213133, give them a call and find out who is local to you.

Saw your other posting, given up on the concrete then?

Corian?

Stainless Steel?

Solid wood?

Glass?

Rubber floor tiles?

If you liked the Idea of concrete, could you not have a stainless steel tray made then fill with concrete and polish with a float???

(Frustrated designer) :D

Sponsored Links
I eventually got one from CF Andersons in colchester they seem to have a large range. They are trade but see what you can do. They also have a branch in London. Another place you might want to try is Wey Plastics in Tooting SW london, they were good but seemed more expensive than CF Andersons.

Thanks for all the help.

Ben

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back