Klima ufh mat - am I being stupid here?

Sponsored Links
As a practising Gas Man, or anaesthetist if you like, a couple of comments.

Cyclopropane was widely used up to 25 to 30 years ago, and the floors were indeed antistatic , as was footware, stools chairs breathing tubes etc, its why all the rubber tubing you see in old films is black (graphite as in the wellies above.

Both Nitrous Oxide AND Oxygen are infact widely used, and are both oxidizing agents. Nitrous is ALWAYS used with oxygen these days.

Most of the other agents that you breath in are now considered non-flammable, but there is still plenty of things in the OT that will burn - not least the solvent (iso-propyl alchol) that is used in many skin preps.

Of more concern is "micro-shock" where currents as low as a few micro amps can cause the heart to effectively stop.

Sponsored Links
Both Nitrous Oxide AND Oxygen are infact widely used, and are both oxidizing agents.
That's interesting. I thought/assumed that things had 'moved on'. As an admission of my age, my past familiarity was with the use of nitrous (and oxygen!) as a vehicle for halothane, primarily, if I recall correctly, because its analgesic properties enabled appreciably lower amounts of halothane to be used. However, I thought (clearly wrongly!) that this was no longer necessary/done with the modern inhaled agents.

I'm not sure that it should be happening in an 'Electrics' forum, but one learns something every day. Thanks!

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back