KX15DT Sensor activated by movement through window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a Pyronix KX15DT sensor that is opposite a South facing bay window at the front of our property. I believe it is causing the alarm to sound when it's picking up movement outside (ie through the window). I think this because I set the alarm off when I drove onto the driveway.
Also the alarm triggered twice from the same front room whilst we were away a couple of weeks ago.

Is it possible to get triggered through glass?

If so, is there anything I can do to prevent more false triggers?

Many thanks as always.
T

Sponsored Links
Did you correctly set up the microwave range or just fit it out of the box ? As the microwave can leak out of glass ….

I think the latter - but it was 2-3 years ago.
I have documented what I did, but trying to find it at the moment....

OK just founf the instructions and I didn't touch the microwave potentiometer so supect it is set to 15M which would go outside onto the drive way :)
I will try turning it down.
Thank you Sparky!

Sponsored Links
Normal thing is look at microwave light ( amber ?) walk outside near the glass …..does it come on ? If so reduce range and retest …

OK, so I turned the microwave potentiometer right down (fully anti-clockwise) and wandered outside. I still trigger the green led through the window but not the blue led.
Not sure what led colours mean, but I have seen blue, green and amber at different times on this sensor.
Is the aim to stop the blue led lighting when Im outside?

Having re-read your note above, the aim is to stop the microwave leaking through the window.
I think the microwave light is the blue led as when I turn the microwave pot right down that blue LED doesn't come on.
However green LED does still come on.
So I'm now going to tune it so the blue one only comes on when I'm in the room and not worry about the green one.
Is that right?

Yes you are correct Sally2000, I read that too, but sometimes its the only option...

Having re-read your note above, the aim is to stop the microwave leaking through the window.
I think the microwave light is the blue led as when I turn the microwave pot right down that blue LED doesn't come on.
However green LED does still come on.
So I'm now going to tune it so the blue one only comes on when I'm in the room and not worry about the green one.
Is that right?

no orange light is the microwave ……blue is alarm …..green is the IR ….If the green light is on all the time even when you are out of the room then it’s faulty …

Sorry to add to the confusion. What I meant to say was the green light only comes on when I move about close to the window (outside), it’s not on permanently.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back