Setting up Pyronix KX15DT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All
I purchased and put up a Pyronix KX15DT.
its setup in dual tech mode and set to both to cause an alarm.

it says it should be installed upto 2.4 meters but i have installed it at 2.6 as my ceiling is higher.

Now there are three LED states.
Green for PIR
Orange for Microwave and
Blue for Alarm which i suppose means both have been activated

so i have set the microwave quite high and this flashes orange when i walk anywhere in the room
to get a blue or green i have to walk all around the room before it will create an alarm state.
I have set it as both to create an alarm to cause less false alarms
its picking up the entire room on Microwave but PIR only near the alarm on the left where i can walk.

Am i missing something
i tried changing the sensitivity from Auto to High and this did not fix the problem
would the height affect the PIR sensor.
thanks

Sponsored Links
Firstly the microwave needs to be fine tuned as it can "look " thru a wall.
Secondly look at your other post.

Read the instructions and then try a walk test.

And put it back to AUTO with AND mode.

Did you fit the ceiling bracket or wall mount?

Its using the wall mount as there is cornice in the way of the ceiling
I just wanted to also mention thanks so much for your help you always respond and quickly too,

After reading your comment on my other post i can walk into the room and the Mircowave sensor is picking me up but not the move sensor that only works in a small area.

Sponsored Links
Are you walking towards it or across the detection plane. Across is the most sensitive as you are activating more "Beams" Check the detection patterns on the leaflet.

I cannot really see the extra 20 cm making a difference in height.
You could try angling the lens down but higher sensitivity is not needed in your situation.

Sorry for the delay , a long phone call ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back