L shaped tile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any advice or the best way to cut a thin (30mm) 'L shaped tile out of a full one. I have straight tile cutter for cutting off one peice. used a hand saw but this a time consuming and towards the end the tile snaps and it
p&$*ing me off. ANY help appreciated

Sponsored Links
You really need a wet-wheel cutter. Even then they often 'pop-off' at the last bit.

joe

If this is a wall tile you want to cut, and if it were my own bathroom, I'd probably just cut two 30 mm wide straight pieces and sand their mating edges so that they fit tightly together (but still have SOME gap so that grout can get in there) and just grout the very narrow joint between them.

I have no experience with floor tiles whatsoever, so I don't know how easy it would be to sand them. Also floor tile grout is normally sanded, thereby limiting how narrow you can make that gap.

I second the advice from joe 90. Wet diamond wheel cutter for the best finish. Using an angle grinder can also produce a good edge if you're competant.

Sponsored Links
Found out my mate had a wet wheel cutter so measure tile and went around to cut them.. All a perfect fit and got a given a wet damond cutter along the way as he had one spare.. Happy times..Cheers for advice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back