LABC and re-wire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been in touch with my labc today for some information regarding a building warrant and re-wire. There are some internal work to be done in the house as well as the re-wire. I was informed by them that if I undertook the re-wire it is my responsibility to get the electrical work tested not there's. I believe it is up to them as it is part of the building warrant. Please could someone let me know which on of us is right and maybe a link to where testing under a building warrant is laid down.

Regard

Russell

Sponsored Links
Your not the only one to have this problem read Here .

As I have said before only way to change things is write to MP. I have also complained on cost. Full rewire is OK but £100 plus vat to change a thermostat to a thermostat/timer with just two wires to connect is going silly.

Anyway when you have read all that has been said on other post come back with your comments.

Been reading a lot more into this and I also had a reply back from building standards today.

Basically if no building warrant is required we would not be involved with the electrics and it would fall on yourself to ensure that the installation was carried out correctly. Should an application for building warrant be required however you would require to provide evidence in support of the electrical installation as per the attached guidance.

Taken screen dumps of the guidance they sent.

As the work would require's upgrading and changing the current installation a building warrent is required. Where is it written down that it is there responsability to get the work checked as it comes under a building warrent.

Russ

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back