Labour costs/charges for various work?

lee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have moved into a new house which needs alot of work, decoracting and updating. Could someone please help me with regards to what contractors would charge me for their labour only approximately to do the various work. I have got tiling, ceramic 20x20 tiles for the wall and 40x40 tiles for the floor, painting, decking of 15metres squared, block paving of 41 metres squared and laying of lawn. Just need approximate costs per metre squared so I can start making myself some kind of a budget.

Many thanks
Lee

Sponsored Links
A lot depends what area you're from,some contractors would rather get the materials as they can get discount and claim VAT etc which is within their right.To get contractors to do labour only might be difficult and would have to charges you more to make up the short fall.I'm afraid you get what you pay for.I can tell you about the blocks paving my next door neighbours has their done last week and charged £40 per metre which I thought it was a bit cheap considering breaking old running,taking rubbish away & they done a good job.Maybe this is a winter price job as works slacken off.Like I say there's no real price,all about what we can get away with if we can afford to ;) A friend of mine manufacter mobile phone and you'll shock to know it only cost a £1 to make :!: I'm afraid we are ripped off left,right,centre because we're stupid enough to pay for it, but that's life.
Sorry getting carried away here,best to get a few quotes.

A friend of mine manufacter mobile phone and you'll shock to know it only cost a £1 to make :!:

It depends on how you do the costing, I did some test equipment design for a mobile manufacturer, and some development work for another, and when you add the marketing costs, and maybe 2 teams of 30 people for a year for design and development, and (bear in mind some of the models are scrapped before they get to market) the components and the production tooling, the cost then was nearer the mid £80s while phones were being heavily discounted by service providers and sold well below £40. Bit like plumbers on £100k. Now, who borrowed my Roller ;)

Yes,you're right we don't get to hear the total costs set up. Any manufacter product item's are expensive to start with.I've just bought a Home cinema last week and now they are selling them £100 cheaper as from today :mad:

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
2 for the front stalls please, oh and a large popcorn

Sure,£100 please (due to lost profit in recent week :cry: ) but the large popcorn free :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back