Ladders...

I remember the days, when needing to replace a tile, you simply climbed a normal ladder, lassooed the chimney breast with a rope, tied it round your waist, then got yourself up there.

Now we've got all this old b*llocks about ridge ladders and rules. :D

Rope, chimney, old days?

Pah, who needs those.

;)

Sponsored Links
I go up on a ladder, get to the chimney then use a rope to keep me up there. (attached to my harness)

Sponsored Links
I remember the days, when needing to replace a tile, you simply climbed a normal ladder, lassooed the chimney breast with a rope, tied it round your waist, then got yourself up there.

Last time I did that, the chimney was loose... :eek:

I know I'm a fat b@stard, but....

Last time I did that, the chimney was loose... :eek:

I know I'm a fat b@stard, but....

Put the rope over the roof and down to an upstairs window.
Then tie on a heavy ballast weight and the other end around your waist and then have an assistant throw the ballast out the window.
That will hoist you up there fast. :LOL:

Put the rope over the roof and down to an upstairs window.
Then tie on a heavy ballast weight and the other end around your waist and then have an assistant throw the ballast out the window.
That will hoist you up there fast. :LOL:

Slap the tile in place on the way up. I like it. :LOL: :LOL:

Hang on, how much ballast are we talking about, how is the assistant gonna lift it.????? :LOL:

You could use secure as the ballast.
He can just jump out the window, :LOL:

Wimps, you don't really need a ladder, that was a luxury in my early days.

Throw the rope over the ridge or if it's a high roof use a bow with rope tied to the arrow. Tie one end to the car and you to the other, get wife to drive away slowly and up yer go.

Make sure wife can hear you scream "STOP" when needed.

Car stereo 'on' is a big no, no.;)

Thanks for your reples - sorry if I was not clear but i meant the hooks which are hard riveted onto the bottom of the top section of ladder - the bits which hook onto the bottom section to hold the extended section in place.
The roof hooks seem ok.
The roof ladders that I can think of have extension parts riveted inside top extension side part which then slide into sides of bottom section and held in place by a pin not hooks as such.

Any good machine shop should be able to fabricate these parts.

If you know the manufacturer contact them as most ladder companies supply some spare parts.

repair only has to fail once and it's game over, and chances of it failing are greater if it's your first time attempting such a repair.

repair only has to fail once and it's game over, and chances of it failing are greater if it's your first time attempting such a repair.

Absolute rollocks!

How do you know that the materials being used for the repair are not better than the original?
How do you know that they are not fixed on well? That the person doing the repair is not capable of doing such a repair?

Yes a botched repair can be dangerous but a well done repair can extend the life of a tool\ladders for years.

If you would not use a well repaired ladder then your a wimp!

The insults you are chucking at the OP are disgusting. :(

Sponsored Links
Back