laminate flooring (noise complaint)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi.. new to this site and not really sure if anyone can help me :( i bought my home feb last year and it had laminate flooring laid... big selling point for me cause i'm a spiller of drinks!!!

The previous home owners informed me that the flooring had been laid 5 years ago (now 6 years, cause i've lived here 1 year!!!)

My ASBO neighbour below have decided to complain about my choice for flooring cause it makes a noise, but they have lived in the flat below for over 5 years and haven't had a problem until now , that is, i got them served with their ASBO!!! because along time period has pasted... will their complaint be valid???

Please help!!! i've asked people i know and they said they there is a four year period in which they can complain, once that time period has pasted there is nothing that they can do... is this true!!! :confused:

Sponsored Links
How can they get served an asbo because they don't like you clomping around above them?

they got an ASBO for other reasons.... but because i'm the one who got em severed with it... they're attacking me by making a complain about my flooring....

Sponsored Links
i do wear slippers, no shoes paste the front door.... but there still complaining!!!

Just ignore them then. They will have to PROVE you are being an environmental nuisance.

How can anyone on here stop your neighbours from complaining? You should have thought about retaliation before you reported them. You'll have to disclose all of this when you sell up and that will cost you megga bucks.

Please help!!! i've asked people i know and they said they there is a four year period in which they can complain, once that time period has pasted there is nothing that they can do... is this true!!!

sorry the above is what i'd like help with....

hahaha... thanks for the tap dancing advise!!! have no plans in takin it up!!!

No it's not true. You could decide to wear cloggs after 5 years and they could justly complain. It's all about MEASURABLE noise - not their opinion.

sooo if the noise pollution team decide i'm makin tooo much noise... they can make me change my flooring???

sooo if the noise pollution team decide i'm makin tooo much noise... they can make me change my flooring???

They can make you stop causing noise pollution. If you don't abide, then they can jail you.

Sponsored Links
Back