Laminate Trim

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone used the type of laminate trim that consists of a stip that you lay prior to underlay and flooring, and then clip the top finish onto once you have finished?

Just wondering if it is worth the extra money for a better finish? Also I imagine you can get the trim off if you ever want to run speaker cables for example in the expansion gap.

Or should I just buy the normal beading? Is this stuff easy to stick to your skirting neatly? I have visions of the glue squidging out underneath in places and effectively sticking itself to the floor...... sort of wish I'd taken the skirting off now (which I did elsewhere and the finish was great when the new stuff went back on) - but the Mrs said this was supposed to be a quick redecoration....... ho hum.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
The trim finish is a very neat finish but beware of the mitres

if you choose to use a scotia or quadrant beading use a electric nailer/ staple gun always a neat finish

Sponsored Links
The click trim is fantastic and very easy and quick to get great results. I try to advise people to use it all the time but if you going with the standard beading then panel pins or a nailgun are a must . Glue just moves with the floor and you end up with split joints and/or beading pulling of the skirt and taking half the paint with it :confused:

Chief

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back