LAMPS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IF I WIRE A LIGHT FITTING WITH DOUBLE INSULATED WIRE WILL THIS COUNT AS A DOUBLE INSULATED FITTING :?:

Sponsored Links
No.

You must never wire a non-double insulated fitting without an earth connection.

Also see if you can turn off caps lock.

thanks for reply i was only wondering because i cant find any double insulated lights that are brass color

Sponsored Links
old house no earth to lights owners cant afford rewire

It's hard luck then. Either they have the rewire, which if the circuit is old enough to have no earth they must have done, or you walk away from the job.

How will you fill in the certificate with no Zs value, no R1+R2 value?

How will you justify leaving a circuit which you have worked on in an unsafe condition?

You need to tell them to save the money from their fancy brass fitting and put it towards the rewire.

As long as you fit a class 2 fitting then you should be okay providing all other lights/switches are class 2. An installation cannot just be condemned on this as this was acceptable once upon a time.

Obviously rewiring would be a sensible option but for many this is not due to the cost and hassle.

This should be stated on the relevant certificate.

i appreciate that you could not state zs but that is why i am thinking about double insulated fittings because they are designed to be safe without an earth

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back