Lancashire county council

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently voted in favour of a proposal to to buy new i phone 7's for all councillers . At a likely cost of £38,000

Shortly after agreeing to the new phones the councillors moved onto another agenda.

A proposal to to authorise the doubling of bus fares for dis-abled passengers travelling during the rush hour. This was approved.

The increase in fares will raise £41,000 a year . Amply covering the cost of the i phones

Smart Accounting ;)

:)

Sponsored Links
A shrewd bit of belt-tightening by another Tory council.

Tightening somebody else's belt.

"Lancashire Council - For the Few, not the Many"

The Conservative Council Leader is a man called Geoff Driver. He denies any wrongdoing and is I understand still on bail following his arrest in relation to another matter.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-45284595

Last edited:
I have very little time for most (all?) councils. Irrespective as to what party they belong to.

I'm willing to believe there are a lot of people who want to do something for the community.

There are a few others who are out for money, fame, power or something, and they will do anything to get their way. On any particular occasion it is easier for the reasonable people to give in to them.

That way you get Trumps.

Sponsored Links
Have you got a link to some proof of this please?

Recently voted in favour of a proposal to to buy new i phone 7's for all councillers . At a likely cost of £38,000

Shortly after agreeing to the new phones the councillors moved onto another agenda.

A proposal to to authorise the doubling of bus fares for dis-abled passengers travelling during the rush hour. This was approved.

The increase in fares will raise £41,000 a year . Amply covering the cost of the i phones

Smart Accounting ;)

:)

I'm willing to believe there are a lot of people who want to do something for the community.

There are a few others who are out for money, fame, power or something, and they will do anything to get their way. On any particular occasion it is easier for the reasonable people to give in to them.

That way you get Trumps.

I think your undying belief that conservative councils are more corrupt than labour councils really debases the argument. It's the calling card of an ideologue - it's why most people can't be bothered with you.

Sponsored Links
Back