Landlord's Gas Safety Record - Info please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all.

Just would like some info please on the newly introduced Gas Safety Record.

I had my Gas Installation/Safety Record issued in March so am ok for another year on my rented property.

Now a colleague of mine has just had hers inspected and has been issued the same certificate. Is this wrong?

Is there a new certificate that should have been issued which came into force when Gas Safe Register replaced Corgi?

Are all you Corgi boys now by law expected to re-register with this new body?

Can you still issue the certificate which I had back in March or are these now redundant and replaced by a new form?

Your replies are much appreciated as always !

Thanks for a great forum.

Sponsored Links
Gas Safe had maintained the register since last April. We have all continued our registration with them and mostly retaining the same number.

We can continue to use forms with CORGI on them or even our own logo if we prefer.

Some of us have continued to be registered as a business with CORGI as they have a public search and find scheme and provide technical advice and several other benefits.

I was surprised to find that in our local NW London there are a very large number who have chosen to continue to be a member of CORGI ( as well as being registered for gas work with the new registrar ).

Tony Glazier

Tony's answer is pretty much there, the only thing is if the business is not continuing to give money unneccessarily to the con merchant Corgi then they should cover the co££i badge with a gassafe one on any forms they are using up otherwise they could be taken to task by trading standards &/or Co££i for claiming to be members of a body they are not actually a member anymore.

We have NOT reregistered with the money grabbing parasites that are C££gi and have replaced all our logos with self adhesive labels with the new logo printed on them easy to do on a computer.

as for the legality of a form yes it will be valid for 12 months from date of issue so long as the trading title, date and reg No. are clearly written on it

The certificate has nothing to do with corgi or the new lot.
It can have a corgi logo, or not, the same as the guys van can have a corgi logo on it or not.
It does not have a set form or lay out, although some parts on it will always be there covering the bare essentials.
It is not something new either.
It is valid for 365 days
The only thing that has changed, is that from 1 april 2009, the chap doing the inspection has to be "Gas Safe Registered" in stead of "corgi registered"

In England, as of 1 april 2009, corgi stopped having any significance in the gasindustry.
They still insinuate that they do, but if you read things carefully, you sill see that they talk about QUALITY, not about legality.

The current gas related organisation called corgi in England, is a plumbers merchant, who also do advertising and boiler insurance and repairs.
It is a commercial company that want your money, preferably lots of it, and have nothing to do with gassafety.

The confusing bit for the consumer is that you can still be "corgi registered" because they have a "register of quality assured tradespeople"

The main quality you need to get on their register, is the quality of the check you send them for the membership. No need to prove any knowledge of gaswork. You can become a "corgi registered installer" without knowing how to light the pilot. Literally.

Sponsored Links
The main quality you need to get on their register, is the quality of the check you send them for the membership. No need to prove any knowledge of gaswork. You can become a "corgi registered installer" without knowing how to light the pilot. Literally.

Thats not actually the case Ben !

To be registered with CORGI for gas work now you have to show that you are first on the Gas Safe register!

Tony

But you can still be not on gsr, and still get the corgi logo to use on the van, stationary and advertising.
And we know how few people actually verify what is what and who is who.

The GSIUR states that an inspection by a competent person must be made and a record must be kept etc. No reference to any logo being a requirement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back