LANDLORDS SAFETY CHECK

qs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
when performing a safety check if the gas fire was removed for a flue check and the closure tape needed replacing would you tell them that it needs servicing or replacing the tape is part of the safety check.

Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:
the closure plate has to be removed to inspect the flue and catchment space

so he who takes it off puts it back
you can check the catchment space with a torch if it is clean and no damper fitted and the area is ok why the need to take off the closure plate

Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:
to visually inspect the flue
and if the builders opening needed cleaning because of debris at the bottom would i need to remove this or tell landlord it needs servicing

kevplumb said:
no
in other word's you dont :rolleyes:

or you wouldnt be asking
yes thats why i have taken the time to ask for the question or i would not have asked it
please kev i know you mean well but if you can, please leave this thread to people with more usefull information about the question i am asking, it would help both of us who dont know the answer

kevplumb said:
if you haven't done the acs you shouldnt be touching a fire or trying to do a cp12

dont hold your breath
try sticking to the question rather than trying to start an argument if you dont know you dont have to be ashamed of it just ignore the thread its no help to anyone who visits this forum

Kev is quite right in asking the question. Enter your CORGI number and trading title and information will be provided to you off the forum so that some DIYer does carry out work with results shown in the picture on another discussion.

I am sure Kev is being prudent by not answering a question as he does not know if you are competent to carry out gas work. Not only do you hgave to be CORGI registered, but also registered to work on gas fires.

DP said:
Kev is quite right in asking the question. Enter your CORGI number and trading title and information will be provided to you off the forum so that some DIYer does carry out work with results shown in the picture on another discussion.

I am sure Kev is being prudent by not answering a question as he does not know if you are competent to carry out gas work. Not only do you hgave to be CORGI registered, but also registered to work on gas fires.
the question is not a technical question it is a information question which has nothing to do with being competent. here we go lets all jump on the kev band wagon??????

Must admit I don't see a problem in providing information as long as we are not encouraging unqualified people to carry out gas work....it is all in general publications available to anyone after all.
Although I would say that asking if you put new tape on the closure plate is a bit like asking if you put the screws back in the boiler :!:

Kev has already answered the question, but it's obvious really. If the tape which previously successfully sealed the closure plate lost its adhesive qualities during the inspection then you clearly cannot leave the installation unsafe as a consequence of a safety inspection!!!! - replace the tape and write out the ticket, don't charge for tape.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back