Large Power Cables

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Declaration of Interest: This is a marketing question, pure and simple, but would really appreciate two pence worth from anybody willing to give it!

How often do you get involved in SWA larger than 25mm²?
Where do you tend to go for it?
Is it normally a hassle to get hold of?
Does it always get delivered direct to site by the manufacturer or does it sometimes come via the wholesaler on their own transport?

Many thanks in advance for your assistance. Please don't kill me, I have so much to give, including cable advice, should anyone need it?

Sponsored Links
Quite often use it.

Our wholesaler supplies it, and large quantanties are usually direct to site on a low loader with hiab. Smaller lengths come via the wholesaler usually.

Wholesaler will provide jacks and bar, cable rollers, crimp tool FOC when they supply cable.

We tried getting cable from manufacturers directly, but there was no cost saving, and you would need to buy jacks and bar etc.

Just been pulling in £16,000 of cable over the last two days actually - worn out!

It can be worth while hiring a hydraulic jack trailer for large, heavy drums. You can pull the cable from the drum, or tie the cable to a fixed point and drive off with the trailer.

yeah use it quite frequently, use 25, 35, 70, 95 probably the most. sizes above this less often.

i always go through the wholesaler we use who can always get it next day at latest and deliver it to site. Did 30 metres of 185mm 4 core last month, rang wholesaler up who said they'de pick it up from doncaster cables and deliver it within 2 hours,

did a job with a load of 630 singles a fue months ago. the were feeding a big pannel. cabel cost £75,000. that was hard work

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back