lead pipe advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After some advice guys. I am having a hot water lead pipe replaced in my bathroom. While doing this, I have noticed that we have a cold feed lead pipe also going to the bathroom. My question is - will a cold feed lead pipe cause any problems in future? My hot feed has caused too many issues hence replacement, but I really don't want hassle with the cold feed in future but replacement of that pipe is ALOT of hassle.

Sponsored Links
Depends what is wrong if the hot pipe has been leaking chances are the cold is in a similar state. If it is some other reason you are changing it leave it alone.

If you do have leaks it may be due to the lead pipe crystallizing, small crystals form in the lead and crack if the pipe is moved.

hot lead pipe started leaking at joints and I think its because of the usual things. Im tempted to leave the pipe as is.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back