lead to copper.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I fitted a cold water storage tank the other day and had a airing cupboard full of lead pipes connected to the cylinder and tank...I had to get hold of 3 leadlocks...2- 3/4-22 and 1 1/2"-15. These came to just under £50. I was considering doing a lead whipe. but never been shown how to do one.

does any one recomend doing them and any one with good tips on how to do one.

cheers

Sponsored Links
Wiped joints were outlawed for cold water services in the 1988 amendment of the water regs. Wiping joints is now almost a forgotten art, everyone just uses lead locs.

At £50 for 3 you have paid top dollar for them. I just had a look on completed listings on ebay and you could have got that lot for under £20

Prices below are from an online supplier and without VAT and P&P This would have been under £28

10270 3/8" x 5 lb lead to 15 mm compression

£4.35

10271 1/2" x 6 lb lead to 15 mm compression

£4.53

10272 1/2" x 7 lb lead to 15 mm compression

£4.35

10273 3/4" x 9 lb lead to 22 mm compression

£7.12

Sponsored Links
Why so many leadloc's ?

main cold to the storage tank

expansion was too low and needed raising

hot water draw off was leaking

------

sounds like I have paid top price for them. never bought them before, learn from our mistakes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back