LEAKING BAY WINDOW BALCONY AND ROOF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

We have a big victorian house with 2 bay windows at the front. On top of the bay windows are balconies. In the winter, the snow was so heavy it damaged the balcony and the pipe beside froze over causing there to be no where for excess water to go. It then began to drip through the roof into the house. It is lead on the balcony and is apparently pretty expensive to sort. Does anyone have a cheap way of sorting this problem as we are planning on decorating the affected room!

Many thanks and help is very much appreciated,

Kat

Sponsored Links
Hi

I had the same problem. On my property there was a lip to take the water over the edge of the flashing which is fine as long as the level doesn't rise above. The Builders cure of silicone could not be easily applied and I could not see exactly if the problem was sorted. I pulled out any loose silicone that had been put in originally, then I bought a good glaziers putty and when well softened I felt my way along the top of the flashing and well packed the gap between the wall and flashing. I also found the joint around the outlet pipe needed the same treatment.
This was 2 years ago and not a drop in the room since.

Joe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back