Leaking bay window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can any recommend what to do with my leaking bay window in top bedroom. The windows are only 3 years old and it’s dripping only from the top as seen in pictures!?

Attachments

• IMG_0504.jpeg
    IMG_0504.jpeg
    217.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0500.jpeg
    IMG_0500.jpeg
    178.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0502.jpeg
    IMG_0502.jpeg
    198 KB · Views: 28
Sponsored Links
How old is the house?

Show us the outside, all the way up to the roof and gutter. Include all downpipes and any plumbing or flue.

Also show us the top of the window frame, and the brickwork or other structure above it.

Was it raining when you took the photo?

Yup it’s a 10930s and yes I did take
It when it was raining. I’ll try taking some more pictures later. But it is all decorated on the inside and I have fitted shutters also. But I’ll send of later. (I know the render looks terrible. Its old paint flaking off.)

Attachments

• IMG_0506.jpeg
    IMG_0506.jpeg
    231.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0505.jpeg
    IMG_0505.jpeg
    228.4 KB · Views: 26
Sponsored Links
Looks like you have a little flat roof over the bay.

They usually last 30 years, sometimes 50

I presume you can't get up there to look at it

So ask around for a recommended local roofer or someone with a drone

You might be able to poke a selfie stick out of the window to see if the gutter is spilling or if there is a defect in the detailing above the window.

The gutter joints look poor to me and the damage to the render may indicate spilling or leaking gutters. Watch them during and just after rain.

See if you can borrow a pair of binoculars, or buy the large Lidl ones next time they come up. For the same money, the large Zeiss shape will give a better quality image that the tube-like roof prism design.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back