LEAKING BOILER- worcester combi 24cd1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, im really hoping someone can help point me in the right direction.

I have noticed that my boiler is leaking - i assume this is coming from the bottom, though havent been able to check as yet. I did recently fill up the boiler by opening a valve+key underneath the boiler and think i may have filled this up too much?
how would i know if i have filled this up to much?
wall outside where the boiler is attached is also quite wet- i think this is something to do with the over flow valve- any ideas.

Also, when I try to fun the bath, the water does not come out hot continuously. Water coming out of the sink tap comes out quite hot.

is there a way to empty the boiler via the radiator?
the boiler is a worcester 24cdi- combi
any help would be much appreciated.i am thinking of getting british gas boiler cover, but they dont cover exisiting problems!
thanks a bunch!
Mandi[/code]

Sponsored Links
The normal solution would be to get the boiler fixed by an independent first and then see if BG will cover it.

They are fairly reliable and BG cover is unlikely to be good value if you can find a reasonable independent.

Tony

Surely BG won't allow a contract to start without first seeing the boiler and, more importantly, confirming that it's not already got a fault? Otherwise, what's to stop everyone just waiting until their boiler packs in and only then putting it on contract? :confused:

(Edit: Ah, re-reading your response is the £99 fixed repair a separate issue and only then would they put it on contract...?)

Mathew

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replies- can any one tell me if draining some water out of the rads will help the boiler to stop leaking?

and any idea why the bath water doesnt come out constantly hot, yet the tap water doesnt seem to have the same problem?

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back