leaking dishwasher circulation pump capacitor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

i have a smeg df612fas dishwasher that is giving a e3 error code which according to the manual is "appliance unable to puimp out" although it seems to be able to. however i have been advised on here that e3 is normally a heating error.

i've checked a lot of the bits in side but notice the capacitor on the circulating pump seems to be leaking a sticky fluid (see pics below). does this mean its on its way out and could this potentially be what my problem is?

if this is possible, i'm trying top find a replacement capacitor but the one off the pump is showing as 2uF and the closest i can find is 2.5uF would that be ok to use or dies anyone know where i can find the correct one?

any advice greatfully appreciated, thanks in advance

roland

Xc64zZE.jpg

d9MZHvh.jpg

bgWeTYK.jpg

Sponsored Links
I cant see this would be the issue (not that it helps) and without looking in to this much and assuming you are right about a drain issue then if it is draining then perhaps its a faulty level sensor / pressure switch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back