Leaking monoblock kitchen tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help Mono block swan neck tap leaking eventually removed it & tried to take it apart removed tap heads & cerclips even small grub screw at the rear but try as i might, the swan neck would not detach from the base.
1)does it detach. or is it a sealed unit.
2)are there o rings or washers inside.
3)do i have to break the bank and pay the ridiculous price for a new (gold) tap thats if i can find one.
4)or is it another visit to the gym to improve my strength then curse & swear until i separate it.

Sponsored Links
After you have removed the grub screw from the body try rotating the swan neck ninety degrees from the centre left or right - if you can do this whilst trying to lift the neck from the body you might be able to find the release position.

There are usually a couple of 'O' rings at the base of the swan neck

Good luck !

newboy said:
After you have removed the grub screw from the body try rotating the swan neck ninety degrees from the centre left or right - if you can do this whilst trying to lift the neck from the body you might be able to find the release position.

There are usually a couple of 'O' rings at the base of the swan neck

Good luck !
Cheers newboy raring to go next day off iam on to it.

Sponsored Links
dynomo said:
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=40899

See if this dated post helps..
Thanks for the link dynomo, when i get to see the gubins i will check out the pics.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back