Leaking Saunier Duval Thelia - but what's leaking??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Saunier Duval Thelia has been leaking small amounts of water from underneath the boiler for a while now. I have had an engineer round 4 times and he has serviced it, replaced the pressure gauge (as this was faulty) and most recently he replaced the water pump in attempt to stop the leak. It's still leaking. The mystery is that neither he nor I can actually see where the water is coming from - it drips out the bottom of the boiler coming from a black metal rectangle bracket (sorry, don't know what the part is). It seems to pool there before dripping out.
It doesn't leak all day - only in the morning when the heat comes on. At midday and in the evening when the heat comes on, the metal bracket is bone dry. There is also no loss of pressure.
Any ideas? - I don't want to keep replacing parts randomly as it's getting expensive!

Sponsored Links
these are the only boiler we do not work on! Thats because they are so prone to leaks!

Better to replace the boiler!

Tony

Special feature sir. When they've stopped dripping, you know they must be empty. :D

Sponsored Links
As no water pressure drop would suggest condense leaking back into chb from flue.

Do yourself a favour and scrap it, then invest in a quality boiler that will last.

Hi all

A friend has the same issue here, the boiler wasn't actually leaking until i noticed the pressure was low, so they put it back to 1 bar and now it drips every so often.

It seems as though it's every time the toilet is flushed....

I messed about with it and managed to get it to stop dripping by leaving the water intake valve open slightly, BUT then the pressure started creeping up...!!!!

Any ideas?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back