Leaking shower need help find where from

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a Mira thermostatic shower and it has developed a leak on the bottom side of it. The water however is leaking from outside the pipe that flows into the shower flexible pipe.

Picture attached.

Do you know what / where this could be? I've tried taking it apart as much as I can and can't see anything obvious.

Or do I need to buy a new shower?

Thanks for reading

Attachments

• IMG_8722.PNG
    IMG_8722.PNG
    477.3 KB · Views: 222
Sponsored Links
How old is it? These carry a five year warranty, assuming it was registered

Hard to tell if it does it when using the shower as it gets wet there anyway. Newly moved into the house so don't have any warranty information sadly.

Sponsored Links
OK, with it dry, press your thumb tightly over the outlet and very gently turn the water on. Does water escape from higher up the valve than the outlet? If it does it's goosed and you need a new valve

I have one same as this, the shower valve body is cast and machined, all one piece, nothing can be leaking from it.
Two things come to mind:

Faulty shower hose. Remove the hose and do what Muggles say, hold the outlet with thumb, turn water on and if there is no water coming out, hose is goosed.
Or
Worn o-ring or loose brass outlet, Have you got a Allen key? Unscrew the brass outlet, there is an o-ring.

Daniel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back