Leaking upvc windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I recently moved into a house that was owned and rented by a property company. They painted all the house before selling, also, i'm sure to hide several defects, one being leaking windows!

Nearly every window in the house now has a water stain above and to the sides.

The final straw being last night (heavy rain) wherby there was a puddle of water on the bedroom window sill and the wallpaper to the btm right is wet through.

I have sliding patio doors to the rear of the house and the survey picked up that the metal lintle (not sure how this is spelt) above the doors had been removed and repointed. I'm now worried that there are damp issues throughout the property?

I had a homebuyers survey done which said there was no issue with damp but now im not sure?

Please could someone advise best course of action

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
The first job is to check out the condition of the silicone sealant thats between the actual window frames and the brickwork outside.
I can't think why anyone would remove the lintel though - repoint around it, yes - its there to hold the brickwork above the door up!
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back