leaky copper cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
if my copper cylinder indirect is leaking at the return to the cylinder on the union nut and and need to drain the return pipe will i need to put central heating inhibitor back in the system and how do i do that,thanks,joint

Sponsored Links
Isolate the water supply to your feed and expansion tank.Whichever motorised valve you have you need to ensure that it is in the manual position by moving the lever over and clicking it into position. Find a draincock which is usually on one of your downstairs rads and do a partial drain, no need to do a full draindown. Add the inhibitor via your feed and expansion tank which is the smaller tank of the 2 in your loft.

Only start this job early in the morning - if the cylinder does need to be changed then you will have the rest of the day.

Don't start on a Saturday afternoon and get stuck, that's when you will find it hard to get a plumber out to supply and fit a new cylinder.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back