Leaky radiator pipe - advice required please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, had really useful help from people before with a few issues so thought I'd try you guys first.

A couple of years ago a friend who is a plumber installed a radiator to a room which did not have one installed before - he used the pipes from the radiator in the kitchen and welded some connections through the wall to the radiator in the other room. Today I have noticed a leak in a radiator pipe in the kitchen. I cannot say for certain where it is but I believe it is in the right hand join (see picture)

Will I need to repair / replace the whole thing or would I be able to use tape / putty of some sort to repair it for the short / long term? Is there anything else I need to investigate / take into account?

This is the underside of the pipe.

Thanks for your time,

Mark

Sponsored Links
Either re-solder it, could be awkward as you'll need to get all the water out, or you could sweat it off and replace with a compression tee. Can't see the full pipe but might be worth getting a fixed price repair, might only be an hours wirk for a plumber.

Cut it all off and redo the joint. Looks a bit of a mess.
Drain down will be required.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back