Lean-to refurbishment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone, I hope this is quite an easy question.

I have recently bought a house with a wooden walled lean-to wrapping around half of one wall and extending like an L around a further wall - with the long wall abutting the garden.

The whole thing is badly made and needs pulling down and re-doing but we simply cant afford it at the moment, so in the mean time I want to do-it up to at least make it pleasant.

The floor is not even and gradually slopes down from one end to the other. Mine plan is to remove the paint, clean it, seal the cracks and then apply a fresh layer to even out the floor and then likely make a step at some point in the slope, with tiles placed on top.

My question is
1. For the sake of appearances, I would prefer to run the border of the new concrete so that it is flush with the bricks of the house wall - would there be any problem with that or would it be better to leave a rim around ?
2. As the lean to is not heated or air tight, I plan to treat this like an outdoor concrete layer and tile accordingly - is there any issue with that?

Am I missing anything here?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
If you raise the exterior concrete level, or even if it is the right height, by making it flush with the wall you bridge the house damp proof course.
You might get over this by ensuring there is a damp proof barrier between the two.

As it's likely to be damp out there any tiles must be anti-slip type.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back