Leather sofa

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our leather sofa is five years old and just getting to the comfy worn in stage, it has unfortunately developed a small mark on the back which is obviously where heads have rested over the years. I clean the sofa regularly with a solution called Cherish for leather furniture but the mark has developed over the past few months despite this. Can anyone recommend something I could use which may remove the mark without damaging the sofa.
Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Speaking as the worlds favourite anorak :LOL: Autoglym, the car care people, do a superb leather restorer and cleaner, available from motor factors and the like. Another one is by Meguiars (pronounced Megarries) which is also popular. John :)

Simple water & soap suds using baby safe washing powder should do it.

Thats a remedy from a leather suite delivery guy & it works welll.

Sponsored Links
A steaming hot towel is supposed to be good too. I can't remember the exact method, but it goes something like wetting/damping a towel, putting in microwave (errr) so it is steaming hot and then put on the stain and leave a few minutes. Should then in effect lift the dirt.

I use a leather cleaner and the restorer from Elite Car Care, which was pretty cheap and a small scrubbing (nail) brush for stains. Seems to work ok but my sofa is dar brown so stains aren't easy to see from blue jeans etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back