Less is more

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Ferolli Modena boiler that works perfectly with the cover off but hot water fails with it on. Any ideas please

Sponsored Links
There is almost certainly something wrong with the flue or air intake. This can be dangerous. Call in a professional.

The flue is short clear and clean. aside from that why would the boiler perform OK when demand is for CH only but subsequently fail when demand is made for domestic hot water.

Sponsored Links
Thank you guys I will call in Brit Gas on their fixed fee.
This problem is obviously beyond my technical understanding.
But as I installed this boiler, flue, timer ,11 Rads, Shower, sweated soldered and wiped every joint with run offs, non return valves and thermostatic valves to a 3 storey home 6 yrs ago, I thought I might ask It has performed fine until recently.

Got a Corgi for the gas and got a sparky mate for the earthing, I'm not stupid but like to do that which is achievable. Oh I forgot to add I also installed a carbon monoxide detector and got a sparky mate for the earthing.
I just hope the parts and labour are not less than the std BG call out, you pays your money and.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back