Lidl power tools

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
iv just seen an advert on the telly from lidl selling power tools... i must say i bought an 18v cordless drill from there years ago and its never missed a beat whats ur thoughts on them???

Sponsored Links
good value for money and very reliable but once there gone they are gone
but most tool offers are repeated in the months and years ahead sometimes several times but not always

They seem OK for DIY or "light trade" type work to me. I have a belt sander, bought because it was less than the cost of repairs on an ELU, and which has done great service at "light trade" work and is still going well. A drill driver which was cheaper than the battery for an aging Makita, and seems good so far. And the most recent buy, a multi tool, bought the other day to remove a bit of T&G cladding to drop an aerial cable down. Now I'm wondering how I did without one before.
They all seem pretty well made as already said. I read somewhere that batteries may be available from the distributor. The tools are made by Einhell apparently, so there may even be a source of spares.

I bought a cordless detail sander for occasional light use. It was ok until the battery failed in under a year. Not impressed.

Sponsored Links
I would not buy anything that draws a lot of power from the battery as this will be were the cost cutting be noticeable.

I see ur point for light use I suppose for heavy trade use you would need to get something realible but for me Parkside are good tools...

I have an SDS drill from there, bought it many years ago - working fine apart from I lent it someone and they broke the add on handle :(

I hate lending out tools. I've been called a tight git more than once.
Anything with a blade I won't lend at all. Or instruments, or measuring gear of any kind.
Power tools, grudgingly to carefully selected mates.
I hate people who borrow stuff and then don't return it.

Wot....not even try squares to be used as hammers :p excellent for 87 deg corners!
Difficult to say no sometimes....I've even had a trolley jack come back bent :eek: and a chainsaw which was run with the chain brake on.....bloody thing was nearly melted away - but it was a Ryobi, which is largely a single plastic moulding.
John :)

You only have to look around a car boot to see how the average bod treats tools.
Bending a trolley jack though! That's professional abuse! :)
Now John, lend me that set of Joey blocks will you? I'm short of some bits of packing for a job. . . :)

Wot....not even try squares to be used as hammers :p excellent for 87 deg corners!
Or wooden handled chisels used with a hammer, or as pry bars, or my best saw used to saw plasterboard (plasterers' trick) or to saw nail-riddled wood (labourer's trick). On that basis I've become professionally mean, if you catch my drift

Just stopped the one bloke. "Lend me your hammer Dave" and I gave it him without thinking. Brand new that day fibreglass shaft job. He was just going to use it as a brick hammer to knock off some rough bits. . .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back