Light not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a property that is just over two years old and i tried to install a ceiling light in the rose for the first time. Unfortunately it failed to work. I tested the switch with a simple circuit tester and that seems to work, three red wires coming in on the common and 1 black on L1. The ceiling rose has one black and red. I know the red is live because i put a mains tester on it but i do not know the condition of the black. The light fitting works fine when connected elsewhere. Any help in solving this would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Hello,
Is the light in a room that has a loft etc above it ?? as it sounds like there is no neutral at the fitting at the moment.

Table or standard lamps can give a room a nice 'feel' > :LOL: :LOL:

Unfortunately it is downstairs. :cry:
I do have some lovely background lighting but oh i thought wouldnt something modern look good :)
Since there are only two wires in the ceiling rose does it mean that the neutral is not returning to wherever it should be? Is the idea that it has to finish up back at another rose, although all other lights are working.
Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back