Light Wiring Check

Sponsored Links
... and very grateful I am for it too ... particularly for the help that you offered John ... and if I came across as anything other than grateful to anyone who offered help then I am sorry.
Fair enough, and thanks for your thanks!

It's a common problem with this medium, but you did seem to be suggesting that none of the people trying to help you realised what sort of wiring system it was and that, despite being 'experts', they couldn't quite figure out the problem because they did not know something that you should have known before you started!!

BTW, as regards 'experts', this is a DIY site, and many/most people here (including in this thread) are therefore not electricians, so probably don't qualify as 'experts' :)

Glad your problem is sorted, anyway!

Cheers, John

and then you add you contribution which is to patronise me.
You said that you wished you'd seen the Wiki sooner.

So I made the wry observation that it's right there in front of your eyes at the top of the forum, impossible to miss, as is the request to look there first.

And lighting and lamps is 3 clicks in, no searching needed.

Now - you may consider it "patronising" for someone to highlight the discrepancy between your stated wish that you'd seen the Wiki sooner and your failure to actually look at it sooner, but you'd be wrong.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back