LIGHTING LUX LEVELS FOR CAR PARK AREAS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank god i didnt ask if the BNP should have been on the BBC , or if our troops should even be in Afganistan , or if Jacko did only sleep on the floor !

I only originally asked the question on here cos i couldnt be fuked to look on the net or look through the mountain of books i have , and it was easier to let some one else do it . ( Evil Laugh )

What ever the reason i wanted to know for , had fuk all to do with the answer .

Some people on here are way too far up there own ars holes !
Get a life !

Sponsored Links
djjeff99, what you should understand is that there are a few people on here that are way too much in touch with their feminine side, this has been caused by http://www.wimp.com/thedoghouse/

It means they no longer understand simple requests, and spend their whole lives looking for hidden meanings and hidden words, they are to be pitied.

They are particularly freaked out by questions such as;

"Do you know what the time is?"

"Can you tell me how to get to the train station?"

"What would you like to drink?"

"Would you like tea or coffee?"

""Can anyone pleses tell me the required lighting LUX levels for car parks in the UK"

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I have been really surprised how one simple question can provoke such a response .
Winding people up without even trying . so funny !

It has , and is still keeping me entertained at work .

Nice one chief ! :LOL:

Hi There

Can anyone pleses tell me the required lighting LUX levels for car parks in the UK .
I have looked in to this but keep coming up with differnt answers .

Is there an exact answer/regulation somewhere ?

Cheers

There are no regulations but plenty of recommendations. Go with what you consider adequate.

If you get it wrong and are an employer, you could end up in court. If however you are TU H&S rep and get it wrong, you are protected.

Sponsored Links
NCP, are fitting wireless motion sensors throughout there car parks, most of the time they are in total darkness till someone goes near the sensor.
Dont seem right to me, you pay good money to park and your car is left in the dark and more vulnerable than on the street.

http://www.cibse.org/pdfs/factf21.pdf

Some car parks have no lighting whatsoever, other than the street lighting around the periphery.

Then if the light levels are below 5 or 10 lux they do not comply with BS5489, see the my third post before before this volcano of drivel erupted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back