lightswitch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i replaced a lightbulb and there was a bang. now the light will not go off at all.

Can anybody help

Sponsored Links
When was the bang, after you replaced the lamp, during replacing the lamp or when the old lamp went pop?

Sponsored Links
Have you done any work on the wiring associated with this light in any way shape or form recently?

there was a bang when i put in a long life bulb in, then i tried a normal 100 watt bulb in and it went on even though the switch was off. Now when there is a bulb in the holder it stays on the switch has no effect at all.

There has been nothing done to the light at all

although i had to replace the dimmer switch in another room which is on a differant trip switch

Do you mean that the lgith switch that controls the light that went bang has a dimmer fitted?
Did you know that you cant use a dimmer with most low energy lamps?

the light that went bang has an ordinary switch,
i put a normal bulb back into it , but the switch will not turn off the bulb ,it goes to on and off but nothing happens

Sounds like its a dodgey switch. Switch off the power, look to see if its a one way or 2 way switch and buy a new one. Connect the new switch the same as the faulty one and see if that works.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back