LIM on test sheet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What does the appreviation "LIM" mean on a test sheet? I noticed this in the box marked "Supply Fuses Characteristics" on a test sheet I was look at the other day.

Sponsored Links
LIM is a limitation i.e. on the supply fuse characteristic box if there are no markings on the outside, you are not allowed to open it up as it is sealed and belongs to the network operator then you can agree a limitation with the person ordering the work and enter LIM in that box.
According to the Schedule of inspections sheet in the 17th edition, LIM is only applicable to Periodic Inspections.

It means "LIMITATIONS".

The guy could not access the fuse to check it because it was sealed up.

to indicate that, exceptionally, a limitation agreed with the person ordering the work prevented the inspection or test being carried out

Sponsored Links
According to the Schedule of inspections sheet in the 17th edition, LIM is only applicable to Periodic Inspections.
So what are you supposed to do if you're swapping a CU, or adding a 2nd one for an extension or outbuilding?

God only knows :confused:
But that is what it says on the bottom of the schedule of inspections in GN3.
Looks like you have to put your head on the block if issuing an EIC.

So what are you supposed to do if you're swapping a CU, or adding a 2nd one for an extension or outbuilding?

Swapping a CU would more than likely mean the fuse being pull by the DNO so details can be recorded then.

Think about what you are putting in the box that says "description installation" i.e. what you are doing. If you are changing a CU then you are not changing any of the wiring or certifying the wirings installation (although you do have to test to ensure that it is safe!!) you are certifying the installation of the new CU and nothing more!!

If you happen to be there at the time...

Surely you'll need to be there, who else will connect the new tails to the meter?
Unless you're talking about the DNO fitting an in-line isolator, in which case you could place a request in a prominent place for supply characteristics to be recorded for you.

So what do you do if there is already a DNO isolator installed for you to connect to? ;) :LOL:

Round here, UU are a bit mean. They often refuse to fit iso's, instead coming to remove the main fuse, seal it up again & return later to re-energise.

That's a pig, because we can't see the fuse then & often the guys won't leave the info for us.

Also, they often return very late to re-energise, so we have to return the next day to complete T & I.

Wrong, I know, but it happens.

UU have not twigged that if they fit an isolator, they will save a load of bother for both their electricians & ours..... :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back