Limey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I shouldn't imagine it was a white person who decided that the word was offensive, but happy to be corrected if you can find out.

The fact that the word arrives from Pakistani is neither here or there. The word has been used in a derogatory fashion for years and that is why it is offensive.

The P word has a 50 year old history of being an ethnic/racist slur. There was the 'hobby' of Pak-bashing in the UK which was rife in the 70's and 80's, the word was used in a derogatory fashion in newspapers, TV shows and the like. That can't be undone.

I like you. Your very level headed but I don't think you see my point.
My question;
Why is Dumb yanks acceptable.
It's a generalisation and an insult.

I like you. Your very level headed but I don't think you see my point.
My question;
Why is Dumb yanks acceptable.
It's a generalisation and an insult.

It is because p**i has become known and used as a pejorative term, IE a word with negative connotation aimed at a specific group of people.

In the same N****r is also a negative term

Therefore both are racist, since they discriminate on race.

It is to do with how the word has developed in society.

Yank is not pejorative word, so is not an unsult.

Dumb just means stupid and is a term that could be applied to anybody. Somebody might call you Dumb Bodd for example.....if you were a Pakistani and somebody called you a Dumb P**i -then the first phrase is an insult, whilst the second is racist.

It is because p**i has become known and used as a pejorative term, IE a word with negative connotation aimed at a specific group of people.

In the same N****r is also a negative term

Therefore both are racist, since they discriminate on race.

It is to do with how the word has developed in society.

Yank is not pejorative word, so is not an unsult.

Dumb just means stupid and is a term that could be applied to anybody. Somebody might call you Dumb Bodd for example.....if you were a Pakistani and somebody called you a Dumb P**i -then the first phrase is an insult, whilst the second is racist.
FFS. If this needs explaining to someone, they are too stupid or immature to be allowed near a computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back