Lines in plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been coaxed(by SWMBO) into plastering the house as she sez "it looks easy" been watchin to many DIY prog`s I think, anyway i`ve let the plaster go off and as i`m polishing it i`m getting lines on the plaster from either end of the trowel. Can anybody give us a clue how to avoid this (don`t need to hear get a proper plasterer in to do it ;) ). Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I think you need to "break in" your trowel. You can get them ready broken in but they come at a premium.

i'm not a plasterer but I guess you could try and smooth the corners off the trowel by running it over an area of old render e.g. inside the garage etc.

or with sand paper. :idea:

get a file and file down the corners if they are still square corners,file them down so they are rounded,

also file down the both edges on the trowel,this should help :)

Sponsored Links
ash1 said:
Been coaxed(by SWMBO) into plastering the house as she sez "it looks easy" been watchin to many DIY prog`s I think, anyway i`ve let the plaster go off and as i`m polishing it i`m getting lines on the plaster from either end of the trowel. Can anybody give us a clue how to avoid this (don`t need to hear get a proper plasterer in to do it ;) ). Many thanks

Please enlighten me ! Whats SWMBO??????? :?:

Get you trowel, find an area of render or smooth concrete, make a few swipes at about 30degrees on each corner of the trowel, this rounds surface of the trowel corners.

a soft red brick will do the job best, it`ll take all the nicks out of the trowel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back